Our members have thousands of reasons for joining the SPE community; we'll start with just three.
Today, new techniques, new technologies and new strategies are driving our need to constantly re-evaluate the way we operate in order to stay competitive. It's elementary; we are over 20,000 plastics professionals sharing information. We are the world's leading membership-based plastics community. Join the SPE community today and feel the power of information that is critical to manage success.
· Free- Each month PLASTICS ENGINEERING magazine will give you a unique global perspective on applications, materials, processing, design, machinery, industry news, and events each month.
· Free - Valuable information will arrive from your local Section, technical Division and the European Member Bureau in the form of newsletters.
· Discounts - On our three technical journals that provide in-depth information on a great variety of subject matter, on registration fees for SPE conferences provide very specific information on a single discipline.
Part of the SPE experience involves providing you with lifelong connections within the plastics industry. As a member of the SPE community you can introduce yourself to fellow members…connect with allies or mentors…discover new opportunities…share expertise, either in person, on the phone, by fax, via email or on-line. The possibilities are endless!
· Free - Access to the experience of others through local Sections, technical Divisions, and Special Interest Groups you can expand your network, draw on the wealth of knowledge, and grow in your profession. Local Sections sponsor activities such as technical meetings, plant tours, and social events enabling you to establish a network that will keep you apprised of local industry happenings through the Section newsletter. When you join SPE you receive a complimentary membership in one of our 21 technical Divisions, which will enhance your network by providing contacts within a specific discipline of plastics processing, materials or markets. In addition, you may join any of our SIG's, which focus on emerging areas of science and technology.
· Free - On-line, on-time, what you want when you want it. Visit SPE's dynamic web site, www.4spe.org and experience for yourself the vast amount of information, contacts and access to services and opportunities through this electronic network.
· Free - SPE Career Solutions is the premier database of both jobs and candidates available in the plastics industry and is literally OPENing doors for plastics professionals.
· Free - Do you have a question or need some information but don't know where to find it? Ask PIP (People In Plastics). Ask PIP is a members' only networking center that allows access to ideas, trends, developments, and insights without ever leaving your desk. Ask PIP encourages interaction between members and provides greater reach into the knowledge and expertise that exists within the SPE community.
· Free - Access to the Online Technical Library to search for downloadable conference proceedings and Technical Journals at www.4plasticsresearch.org. This Technical Library has the complete conference proceedings available since 1998 of ANTEC (Annual Technical Conference), articles of 5 SPE Technical journals and other TOPCON proceedings. Abstracts can be viewed at no charge or entire articles downloaded for a fee.
SPE is committed to bringing you real-world tools you can use to manage success; revitalize your career, uncover new business opportunities, train employees or find relevant solutions to everyday challenges. SPE has taken a leadership role in providing the resources and education necessary to ensure the future growth, stability and prosperity of the plastics industry.
· Free - Career development tools such as award programs, employment services and leadership skills are some of the benefits of membership that are often overlooked or under utilized.
· Discounts - On over 148 titles in our Publications Catalog. From basic reference to specialty topics covering such critical subjects as Materials Science, Polymer Science, Processing, Process Engineering, Management Skills and Leadership Development, SPE carries all the leading publications in the plastics industry.
· Discounts - Available on a variety of technical training seminars, workshops, video programs and CD-ROM packages ranging from conventional practices to the latest trends. Whether you are new to the industry looking for entry-level training, or a seasoned professional looking to expand your know-how, SPE will meet your needs.